Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I Survived!

Okay – I can breathe a sigh of relief.   I survived my first TAT visit! For you non-CTE people, let me explain.  First, CTE stands for Career and Technical Education.  Besides having all the rules and guidelines of the Education department, I’m under CTE.  Every five years every program goes through a TAT visit or Tactical Assist Team visit.  I’ve been working on a HUGE 3” notebook full of lesson plans,  End of Course test scores, student work, professional development, and the list goes on and on.  Today was the day! The team arrived, spent a few hours going through the notebook and then it was time for the interview.  I was scared to death! 
It was wonderful! She had nothing but great things to say. Complimented me the notebook, all the time and energy I had put in the notebook and how much I had changed the program in such a short time and how much I had grown the CTSO (or for you the Career and Technical Student Organization) FCCLA (Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America)!  
I can breathe a sigh of relief! Maybe I can figure this teaching thing out after all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.