Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America

Oh my goodness . . . being a mom of two boys, a wife, figuring out how to teach and manage a classroom, completing all the required paperwork of being a teacher, serving as the Parent Coordinator for the High School and college classes are enough to keep a person plenty busy!   
But, let’s add serving as the advisor of a student organization on top of that! Don’t get me wrong, The University of Arkansas Cooperative Extension Service is my background where I worked as the 4-H County Extension Agent.  I love kids, competition, leadership and trips.  But, I am just drowning with all this!
I’m working hard to grow our FCCLA chapter at MHS and I’m doing it.  I affiliated 20 members with National FCCLA this week – that’s HUGE! I have 8 students competing in STAR (Students Taking Action with Recognition) events.  STAR events are one of the big competitions in FCCLA.  I’m working hard to get my students ready.  There were not enough advisors that stepped up to take on the lead for all the different competitive events, so I was drafted to serve as a lead consultant.  This is pretty big responsibility.  I will be “in charge” of Chapter Showcase Manual.  The students will have worked hard on these projects and it will be up to me to make sure that judges understand what they are doing, that the time is kept accurately, that all the paperwork is completed correctly, and the list goes on and on.
I’m nervous and excited about this.  I guess the best way to learn is to jump in and do it.  That’s what I’ve done with being a wife, a mom, teaching, Parent coordinator and the MAT program so why not FCCLA too! Wish me and my student luck! Here we go . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.