Sunday, October 17, 2010

End of the first 9 weeks

I made it! I've survived the first nine weeks! and since we are on block and I teach two "semester" classes, I have finished up two classes! I am finished with Food and Nutrition and Child Development.  My students did well on the End of Course test.

Arkansas CTE has set a goal of 70% of our classes scoring 70% or better on the test.  70% is considered proficient. 

My Food and Nutrition class was only 59% proficient, but considering my test scores last semester ranged from 22% to 70% and this semester the student with the lowest score was a 62% and my highest was 82%!

My Child Development class did wonderful!! 75% of my students were proficient and one of my students scored a 92%!! I’m so excited! All the training this summer on test scores really helped!

Now, to focus on the one semester long class I have and the two new classes that start tomorrow! Nutrition and Wellness will replace Food and Nutrition and Parenting will replace Child Development!  I do keep the same students; they will receive a grade and ½ credit for each 9 weeks.  I’m thankful I get to keep the same students in my 4th block class, but man I wish I could start all over with my 2nd block group!

Ready to face the second 9 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.