Thursday, September 30, 2010

Really? A fight?

Oh my goodness what a day! I had two girls break out into a fight.  It started with just words, and I thought that I had it under control.  Was talking them out of my room to the office, but one of the girls knocked the other's bag to the floor.  With that - the fight was on! I'm talking - hair pulling, face slapping, back punching, rolling on the floor fighting.  Oh course, I tell them to stop - No I yell - Girls STOP! Nothing happened - run over to buzz the office and get no reply! So I just run to the hall and YELL - I NEED HELP! I HAVE A FIGHT IN HERE! With that - here comes the coaches, assistant principal, dean of students and various other teachers to see what's going on.  It didn't take the coaches long to separate them.  All my other students were of course cheering and/or in shock.  When the girls were escorted out of my room and, with the help of some students, we picked up all the hair, jewelry, chairs and tables, I tried to have class.

After about 10 minutes of discussion on the fight and questions about why I didn't try to break them up, we finally had a lesson.  On my way to the office after that class - the only thing you could hear in the hall was the names of the two girls and my name.

It was an exciting day.  The girls got 5 days each of ISS, so hopefully when they return all will be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.