It’s hard to believe the semester is coming to an end. When I think back on the assignment, I can see the value of the blog. At the beginning of the semester, I was not looking forward to another website for my class. I was required to create a website for our Technology class this summer, the school requires me to keep a website on the school main site, and the blog was just another webpage. But, once I started the blog I was able to be “vent” about problems and share the excitement of my new found career.
I do not think keeping the blog about my teaching will be beneficial. I really do not have the time it takes to update. I can see the ways it could be used in the classroom. Having a blog with class information could assist students that missed classes know what assignment need to be made-up, but once again, that requires time. A blog could also be used as a way to incorporate technology into my classes. I could require students to create a blog and post discussions about content topics. Right now I’m just in survival mode in my teaching career, so I do not think I will be incorporating a blog into my class next semester, but maybe in the future.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.